New Emergences is invited to participate in the upcoming Sonology concert at the Koninklijk Conservatorium on October 14.
Among others, NE has a history in promoting and supporting the female presence in the world of electronic music and sound art. This is a special concert because it includes works only by female students. For this reason, we were invited to interview some of the artists, as well as bring you closer to their music.
The artists presenting their work are:
Margherita Brillada, Kamile Rimkute, Marija Kudabaite, Lucie Nezri, Marlene Fally, Viola Luciotto and Giulia Francavilla.
Each one of them has a special piece to present, live or multichannel fixed-media, and a number of them are going to talk to us during the concert about their work and their artistic motivations.
Due to the COVID-19 measures, this concert will take place with limited audience and it is not open to the public except for the students and staff of the conservatorium. We believe that now it is more important than ever to the make music as accessible as possible. At the same time, we want to reach the audience who can’t attend for personal or practical constraints. For this reason, we are hoping to publish the outcome of these mini-interviews, together with the music, in a podcast later on. Stay Tuned!
- Margherita Brillada: Stati d’Ansia, 8-channel fixed media
- Kamile Rimkute: New Stone, 8-channel fixed media
- Lucie Nezri: For ábel, clarinet and 8-channel sound from computer
- Marija Kudabaite: Merge, 8-channel fixed media
- Marlene Fally: live performance with voice and electronics
- Viola Luciotto: I’m still here-Io ci sono ancora, 4 channels plus video
- Giulia Francavilla: Forma volatile, 8-channel fixed media
14 october 2020 19.30
View the event on the website of the Royal Conservatory here:
Juliana van Stolberglaan 1
2595 CA Den Haag
(note: this is not a public event)